Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Weekly Blog

Last night after class I went to a “Women’s Throwing” party. This is the second one I’ve been to since I’ve been back. A local lady had a throwing party next to her yard, but I am not sure for what occasion. I invited some teachers, but none of them came because they were busy working during after school hours. I got there shortly after the lady began her party. I had to bring my gloves because it was cold outside and I was freezing a little bit. The lady stood on top of a tall freezer van. Some of the gifts she threw were cloths, rugs, bowls, clothes-pins, hair accessories for little girls, mini-bottles of hair shampoo, conditioners, lotions, tubberware, Alaska Ulu Knives, yarn, combs, and other plastic containers. This time it was not a huge crowd, probably because of the cold temperature. I enjoyed the fresh air outside and not being locked up in my study room. This was my excitement for the week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kendra,

I'm writing to ask permission to use some of your photographs of Kongiganak in a presentation I am preparing for a conference in Fairbanks next week on building sustainability in the Lower Kuskowkim region.

I am the Business Development Manager for BDS Architects & Planners in Anchorage, and discovered your flickr photos and then your blog this afternoon. As a professional writer and editor, I can say your blog is very well-written and dignified.

Please visit our website to learn more about us: www.bdsak.com, and then please email me at jeremys@bdsak.com to discuss our project.

We would, of course, be pleased to give you credit for your photos, any information we learn from reading your blog, and would even be happy to provide information on "how to learn more about Kongiganak" by sharing your blog address in our presentation.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jeremy

907-562-6076

darleneulak said...

Hi Kendra, How often do ladies do throwing parties? So fun to go more than once a year.